Having just come back from a wonderful time in Sydney I have realised that I need to shake things up a bit to get me over the post holidays and winter blues. I have set myself the task of turning things around for the next couple of weeks and if you are in what is commonly known as a ‘fug’ too, then I urge you to try these small steps to reignite your passion for photography.
- Instead of taking photographs of your feet, take photographs of your hands.
- Instead of taking self portraits, take photographs of strangers.
- Instead of shooting at eye level set your camera to AV, turn off the beeper and shoot from the hip.
- If you always shoot in portrait, shoot in landscape.
- If you always shoot at F2.5 shoot at F10.
- If you always shoot in colour, switch to black and white.
- If you shoot flowers, shoot architecture instead.
Just changing little things can make such a difference and give you a new perspective.
Don’t forget to share your pictures with us in the flickr pool
Until next time