I wasn’t going to write this post. Not here. It seemed…so…shameless. Yet, my fellow Muses told me to go for it. They said you all would want to know. So…
I did it!! I crossed the finish line of shooting 365 IMPOSSIBLE Self-Portraits. A year ago today, I set out to take a self-portrait every day for one year using instant film from the IMPOSSIBLE Project. And yesterday, I shot my 365th instant self-portrait. I am filled with different emotions that range from pure joy to grief. I feel the rush of positive endorphins that come with the accomplishment of it all, and I feel the anguish in my heart of it being over. But most of all, today, I feel such gratitude for the experience.
1. Follow your heart’s longing, even if it sounds like an insane idea.
2. Understand why you want to take on your heart’s longing. This clarity will help you on your path.
3. Journal or keep notes while you take your journey. It will help clear your mind, dump your doubt, and move forward.
4. Know who your cheerleaders are and connect with them often. A few supportive souls in your corner go a long way. We all need companions on the journey.
5. Stay the course. Things will get hard. And then they’ll likely get harder. Revisit #2. And stay the course. You’ll be glad you did.
These five guideposts helped my navigate my way. I know many of you have taken your own epic photography journeys — I’d love to hear what you learned on your path and invite you to share them in the Comments!
Many thanks to many of you in our Mortal Muses community who have cheered me along this year. xoxo
Meghan of Life Refocused